What We Stand For
Changing the world through faith, as one, few, or many.
Through a continued commitment to excellence in education and the establishment of a premier leadership academy for students and staff, St. Mark’s vision is to be a nationally renowned Preschool through 8th grade private school.
Here at St. Mark’s, students prepare to create positive change in the world by developing as leaders who act justly, love mercifully, and walk humbly with their Lord (Micah 6:8).
St. Mark's Lutheran seeks to glorify God by providing educational excellence in a safe, nurturing, Christ-centered environment. SML serves families and the community by furnishing an educational institution that integrates Christian principles and truths with exemplary academic and extracurricular programs.
God’s Work, Our Hands.
St. Mark’s has a proud tradition of providing quality education, which began with a single Kindergarten classroom in 1963. Over these past 60 years, we have expanded and grown into the largest Kindergarten through 8th grade Evangelical Lutheran School in the nation. St. Mark's is known for its outstanding student body, talented staff, and welcoming community approach. Due to our strong emphasis on integrating both Christian principles and leadership skills throughout our curriculum, we strive to prepare our students to be tomorrow's leaders and strong citizens of the community.
St. Mark's is Awarded the National Blue Ribbon School Designation
In 2005, St. Mark's was selected as a National Blue Ribbon School. The No Child Left Behind/Blue Ribbon Schools Program honors public and private K-12 schools that are either academically superior in their states or that demonstrate dramatic gains in student achievement. Members of the St. Mark’s administration traveled to Washington, D.C. to accept the award for the school.
St. Mark's Earns Accreditation from the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
In 2010, St. Mark’s received the highest WASC accreditation possible by demonstrating the capacity, commitment, and competence to support high-quality student learning and ongoing school improvement. The visiting WASC team of peer professionals recognized that St. Mark’s is a school focused on setting a mission and goals for its learners, is student-oriented, and examines student performance continuously.
Schoolwide Learner Outcomes
Character. Competence. Confidence.
With God’s help through the Holy Spirit, by the completion of their education at St. Mark’s, students will become:
Faithful Servants of God
Students who develop a deepening faith and understanding of God’s grace evidenced by acts of servant leadership as they:
- Grow in faith and knowledge of Jesus Christ through prayer, worship, and Bible study
- Contribute time, energies, and talents in service to God
- Share with others blessings given by God
- Increase understanding of Lutheran doctrine
- Glorify God in body and spirit
Students who mature as productive, conscientious citizens who demonstrate the hard and soft skills of leadership as they:
- Assume responsibility for their actions
- Seek to make choices, which result in positive changes in their schools, communities, nation, and world
- Respect all peoples and their cultures
- Practice Christian values, conflict resolution, and teamwork in activities
- Cultivate a sense of global responsibility
Students who are excited about seeking knowledge as they:
- Identify with success and gain self-confidence
- Build a foundation of skills to become competent, self-directed learners
- Define, set, and prioritize challenging, realistic, short and long-term goals
- Create intellectual, artistic, practical, and tangible works
- Utilize effective study skills and work independently
Students who employ spoken and written communication effectively as they:
- Express their ideas verbally, in writing, and through the use of technology
- Articulate with clarity and understanding
- Exercise positive leadership and group skills
- Foster, develop, and maintain collaborative relationships within diverse settings
- Incorporate empathy and compassion when communicating with others
Students who are enthused about intellectual challenges as they:
- Strive to reach the highest levels of competence in their endeavors
- Analyze, interpret, and evaluate significant information
- Integrate knowledge and available resources, applying them to real life situations
- Apply technology effectively
- Seek information to empower reason and make decisions